Ferris and friends, based in Canberra Australia flag, blog about the cars and games that inspire them most.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Model Cars: The Ferris Collection


I love classic cars. The shape and styling, the history, and the uniqueness of certain models really appeals to me. Of course the dream is to one day have a garage full of classics, each car in mint condition and perfectly maintained. The reality, however, is that I don't have the money to create such a collection. Come to think of it, even a large garage would break my budget! Not to mention the full-time mechanic required to restore and look after the vehicles. So, it looks like my dream is destined to be unrealised for some time. That's where model cars come to the rescue. Over the past year or two I have started my own model car collection. It's early days, but I am slowly purchasing new cars... particularly when I pass through Braidwood, where the excellent Car Models of Braidwood shop is located. I've included some photos of my model cars below. Apologies in advance for the average quality of the images- photographing small objects is hard! : )

Chrysler Charger E49

Austin Healy Sprite

Austin Mini Checkmate

Volkswagen Golf Mk1 GTI

Golf engine bay

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey ferris,
try using a tripod and no flash, if you need more light reflect some in from a window. Alternatively a neat trick to diffuse the flash a bit is to cover it with a tissue breaks up and softens the light.

Ferris GTI said...

Hey, thanks for the tips Indra! I guess I'll spend a bit longer next time around. Using natural light sounds like a good idea. Need to buy some more models first though :)